New Ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Ideas

Post  Live_Wire on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:14 am

well I was thinking if we can use t-virus model in place of doom health vial !
it would be great What a Face ....... take a look at this :

and here is the model but the main problem is its in mdl format and need to be converted
into md2 !

Live_Wire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ideas

Post  bcwood16 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:54 am

Hello!

Interesting idea, its certainly different to what Doom uses at the moment. The problem I can see here is that its from a movie/other game and so technically its not Doom lore, which I think some will not approve of. Also did you make that model or not? Otherwise permission from the creator would be needed.

bcwood16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NiuHaka on Wed May 09, 2012 10:07 am

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to respond to this. My business has been keeping me way too busy lately but i'm here now. I really love this idea. However, as bcwood has already stated it is something from another game/movie. Also we create our own models from scratch.

The thing I do like about this is that you are seeing something inside of a container. I think I just might do something like this... OH! I have an idea. Its not going to look anything like this BUT I only thought of it because of this thread. And for that I thank you! Is credit due? I haven't figured that out yet lol

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://doomascension.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bcwood16 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:15 am

Just thinking out aloud....sort of!

Grenades!!

We had them in Doom 3 (pretty useless), but that does makes them Doom lore!

We dont need them in Original Doom, but at a later date (and if new weapons happen to be added) it may be interesting to play around with Grenades.

If you think about it, there are many traps in Doom which are pretty much a secret door opening revealing a very cramped room pack full of angry guys wanting to eat your face. If you quickly threw a high explosive, but small radius grenade, that explosion would pretty much gib all low HP monsters all over the wall, making 'hell' of a mess lol

The grenades would not be very good for creatues attacking you in the open as it would be hard to get the grenade right next to him, as stated above 'low radius' so its only useful in close areas......hence a grenade I guess.

In some ways grenades could work better in Doom then alot of 'modern' games. Supply in maps would be low and only maybe 3 carried at once, to stop spamming....or what ever!

It may ruin gameplay....I dont know......but I do know I 'love' bloody carnage in Doom!!!
bcwood16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NiuHaka on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:59 pm

... Wow! I'm not sure why I didn't think of this already. I love the idea simply because it gives the option to blast a group of enemies without getting blasted yourself. It would give you a second or two to move into cover. I really like it but I don't know how easy it would be to implement the limited physics the Doomsday Engine has to a weapon projectile. Definitely something to investigate.

But, yeah, I don't think that would ruin gameplay. Something that simple and with a strict limit could really allow for some fun map designs. It's not something that would steal the show but it also wouldn't break the game design or the Core Game Mechanic. It would be pretty situational and in my opinion would fill a missing gap when it comes to special situations.

I would normally shoot down any new weapon idea but this one seems like a no brainer to me. Some purists might cringe at the thought but if the functionality was good then i'm sure a lot of people would totally dig it. I know I would.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://doomascension.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top