OSJC latchford reporting for duty

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OSJC latchford reporting for duty

Post  osjclatchford on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:54 am

OSJClatchford here, good to be aboard the forum!

firstly I truly cannot fully express the epicity of this jaw dropping work.
Its so good to see that someone has FINALLY got it right.
it has given me great pleasure to see model/skin work worthy of the great DooM series especially to see it surpass all before it and blast DooMsday back up to where it should be!

I've been playing doom since it came out and have never stopped since!
I am a zDooM player only due to the lack of truly decent models for doomsday, but this, my freinds, has changed me forever. Your unique style of modelling is, IMHO a beautiful synthasis of the classic id art mixed with the detail of doom3 and beyond. nothing of the original is lost but I'm so glad to see you are not afraid to add more flavour.
So far the additions are just whats needed, subtle and tasty.
Its simply what a high-res mod should be, what the original was plus more detail!

I have been messing around with skins for quake's darkplaces engine for the past year and this mod reminds me what quake reforged have done for the original monster skins; raise the bar!

whatever I can do to help, let me know.

yours humbly and ready to serve
Latchford
osjclatchford

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OSJC latchford reporting for duty

Post  NiuHaka on Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:58 pm

Hi osjclatchford,
welcome to the forums. I regret there isn't much here for visitors to do but the project is still young and we don't seek much C.C. from the outside.

osjclatchford wrote:OSJClatchford here, good to be aboard the forum!

firstly I truly cannot fully express the epicity of this jaw dropping work.
Its so good to see that someone has FINALLY got it right.
it has given me great pleasure to see model/skin work worthy of the great DooM series especially to see it surpass all before it and blast DooMsday back up to where it should be!

Thank you for the praise. In my opinion Doomsday is the most superior Doom port out there but that is mostly because I am viewing it from a designers standpoint. It seems to be a treasure trove of visual tools that just haven't been fully tapped into yet.

osjclatchford wrote:
I've been playing doom since it came out and have never stopped since!
I am a zDooM player only due to the lack of truly decent models for doomsday, but this, my freinds, has changed me forever. Your unique style of modelling is, IMHO a beautiful synthasis of the classic id art mixed with the detail of doom3 and beyond. nothing of the original is lost but I'm so glad to see you are not afraid to add more flavour.
So far the additions are just whats needed, subtle and tasty.
Its simply what a high-res mod should be, what the original was plus more detail!

That is exactly what I'm going for and its good to see that it is coming through as intended.

osjclatchford wrote:
I have been messing around with skins for quake's darkplaces engine for the past year and this mod reminds me what quake reforged have done for the original monster skins; raise the bar!

whatever I can do to help, let me know.

yours humbly and ready to serve
Latchford

Does this mean you are interested in joining the team? If so you can contact me at niuhaka@doomascension.com and we can discuss further.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://doomascension.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bcwood16 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:34 am

Wellcome to the forums osjclatchford Smile

Great to see more people noticing Doom Ascension and loving what it has to offer Very Happy

I agree that Doomsday has much potential, but just needs tapping into more. I have also been playing Doom from the very start.....and still do, just cant put the game down!

Since joining the Doom Ascension team (though not contributed anything yet) I have taken a very keen interest in the workings of JDoom learning to MOD and have had various thoughts/ideas for fun things for Doomsday.

Cant wait to see how things progress.

-YAY

bcwood16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top