I am NiuHaka and I love Doom

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I am NiuHaka and I love Doom

Post  NiuHaka on Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:12 pm

NiuHaka here. I'm a Doom veteran. I still own the installation Doom 2 CD from back when most people installed it with floppy disks. Remember floppy discs? I can't remember when Ultimate Doom came out but I still have that Disc as well. Time has passed on and I've been away from Doom & Doom 2 for more than a decade.

After years of getting used to playing current gen games I decided to dig out my old Doom discs and try them out for the sake of nostalgia. I had no expectations but I was surprised by how fantastic its simplicity and level of entertainment had been preserved. This game was pure and, to me, was a perfect example of "Art through adversity".

Although I love the original graphics of Doom & Doom 2, I realized that there are many who would not be able to relate to such dated graphics. And so here I am, leading a team of extremely gifted individuals on a mission to bring the original two Doom games to an all new audience and to perhaps enrich and renew the experience for loyalists who are still around.

Welcome to the Doom Ascension Forums and I hope you enjoy your visit.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://doomascension.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I am NiuHaka and I love Doom

Post  Kracov on Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:56 pm

Damn, I forgot to add a reply to the man who got all of this started. You deserve a lot more recognition than you currently have. Hellbent (of GreenWar DM and DTWID) wasn't even aware of Doom Ascension until I showed him screenshots yesterday. Even he is impressed with the 3D models and he prefers vanilla Doom. That reminds me, I'll put a link to DA on my site.
Kracov

View user profile http://kracov.org

Back to top Go down

Post  NiuHaka on Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:54 pm

Heh! It's nice to know that someone like Hellbent can appreciate the work we are doing here. He is a loyalist to the core. I'm so excited for DTWID to be completed. I refuse to play it until it is done but its a hard wait.

Please do link DA to your site (which by the way is awesome).

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cataflexia on Mon May 21, 2012 7:59 pm

NiuHaka wrote:NiuHaka here. I'm a Doom veteran. I still own the installation Doom 2 CD from back when most people installed it with floppy disks. Remember floppy discs? I can't remember when Ultimate Doom came out but I still have that Disc as well. Time has passed on and I've been away from Doom & Doom 2 for more than a decade..
NiuHaka, thanks for your incredible work.

I can't wait to play my actual Dsoom with all this great stuff.

I think the same that you, Doom are genial, and nothing of today games are better than this.

Well, I've 3 originals CD's of Doom from the nostalgic year 97.

The Ultimate Doom, Doom II and the Master Maps. hehehe.

Again, thanks for you inspiration.

cataflexia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NiuHaka on Tue May 29, 2012 8:04 am

Thank you. And wow! Your Doom 2 disc looks so much prettier than mine. My Doom 2 disc looks washed out or sun-bleached or something.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cataflexia on Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:39 pm

NiuHaka wrote:Thank you. And wow! Your Doom 2 disc looks so much prettier than mine. My Doom 2 disc looks washed out or sun-bleached or something.
Hahaha, yes, these three disc are my precious (Lord of Rings) hahaha!

I remember when I buy it, in the year 1999.

With my brother in the same year, we played in coop mode all night, and finish them (Doom 1 y 2) on two nights only, hahaha!

Nostalgic time dude!

See ya!

And I'll be waiting until this great work are finished.

cataflexia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top